31 October, 2010

Old School Calling


Denise Huxtable's funky style from the 80's comedy show, the Cosby Show. She played the character of Lisa Bonet. Mixing contrasting prints together, she eloquently donned her individual style with such comfort and made a statement that we can now look back and say, "wow! look at what she's wearing!"

I didn't get to watch her or the show when it aired. Reason number 1: I wasn't born when the show started. Reason number 2: When it's last season was running, I was just 5. But anyhow, if I were to have even born or been big enough to understand style, I'd definitely have looked out for her and admired her throughout my life. 




 The 80s was all about bright loud colors. Big, spiky, curly hair was in. Acid wash jeans, leggings, leg warmers, huge mohair sweaters falling from one shoulder, pointy-toed stilettos....
All's back. We must've laughed at it a decade ago but now they're haunting in our closet or shopping list. They must be having a big laugh at us now saying, "who's laughing now huh?" But any way, I'm starting to really dig the 80s look alongside the other styles of the other decades. Appreciate would be a more decent word.


Yes, I know. It's shocking. Now pick your favourite, I've picked mine. Guess which?






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...