25 January, 2011

The subsconscious mind tells a tale



Hellow there! How have you all been for the past few days while I was away? It sure feels good to be back home. Some of you must not have known or, to my horror, realised that I was on little trip to the beautiful country called India. It wasn't like a typical holiday trip, but a rather (ahem) soul-searching trip I should say. Without a doubt I missed blogging and taking pictures and having my pictures taken (which I should mention is not my fancy but for the blog I keep the discomfort aside). Whenever I had the littlest of time to spare amidst all the frenzy, I would hop into a cybercafe to try and catch up on what's happening back home. And to my delight, there were quite a handful of things happening especially that had to do with me (expression: angelic smile). So as soon as I stepped home, I had to get my hands on the things that I had to do, plan it out and then get into action without even having the time to unpack my suitcase. The reason I'm explaining all this is so that all you lovely people could know that I've not been lazy or irresponsible or ignorant about the blog.
Anyways, this post is kind of an ode to my childhood and my youngest aunt. She was clothes conscious but not in the most obvious manner, somewhat like me. The style is unconsciously inspired from her. I say this because I only realised this fact until I took a closer look at the picture. While I was younger, she used to wear these huge sweaters with tights and she had these grey suede lace-up boots which is nothing like I have seen till date. I wish I inherited those from her. But I'm sure she must've given it away to somebody underpriviledged which is pretty much the family's tradition. So compassionate we are. And I'm sulking. Her imagine was kind of subconsciously imprinted in my mind because I did not think much while I was dressing this look that morning. I just picked it out of my closet and tada, I was ready. 





I got the sweater from Benaras, which is where I was last week. I love love love my cat eyed glares. And the pants once belonged to my aunt. I found them while I was rummaging through a pile of things in my parent's room. They're super-comfy.

Photo: DLM Photography                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

5 comments:

the-second-hands said...

Love your sweater zo. I have a similar one like yours :)

passang said...

Chunky knits with abstract prints? I like...alot

tenzing said...

=)

Sonam said...

ani metok la's pants? lol

tenzing said...

LOL

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...