28 July, 2011

iLoveMyPlatformsNomatterWhat

From Sphinx, City Centre
    

These platforms are not mine but my friend Situ's. Although I have the exact same in black, I'm loving hers more (and she likes mine. I believe there's a thing called swapping). It so happened that when I bought them I never thought that they'd have them in any other color besides black so I went ahead and bought them. If I had known what was stuffed inside one of their cupboards, I'd be showing you my own pair.

The straps of these shoes reminded me of the sandals by Nicholas Kirkwood for Prabal Gurung's Spring Collection 2011. 

I'm actually not a high heels person (although there's no denying that there can't be any substitute for heels for parties and formal wear). You can always find me wearing my moccasins with anything, just anything! I simply cannot imagine myself teetering in some inches high shoes in my everyday life. Admittedly, I'm envious of those girls who comfortably feign pain and make walking in the Kathmandu streets so easy. But honestly, I don't find any practicality in wearing high heels in Kathmandu (everyday that is) when even watching girls wobble their way is painstakingly hurtful to the eye.
Sometimes I test my abilities to see if I belong to that poised grouping. One day is enough and for the next few weeks or couple of months, my shoes stay idle at home. So it goes without saying that my black platforms won't get too much of fresh air.

8 comments:

Tara G said...

these look so amazing! and i remember they were very light! maybe then its easier to walk in them! but srsly, ktm ko streets only make it worse.
my last saturday i wore my black wedge heels and actually mero khutta markeko thamel ko street ma. haha it was embarassing!

lhamo Mashutzo said...

i think i shud grab one soon...:)..the color suits ur skin well...

Fashionistable said...

These are beautiful. I find heels all day a major challenge too. Xxxx

Kel said...

Those platforms are perfect!

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

talking closet camaraderie

Sannaxx2 said...

I love them.Especially the color.

http://ilovemyclosetxx.blogspot.com/

chillairandperfume said...

Great shoes! I'm partial to brown over black, but I'm sure your black ones are fabulous too.

Thanks for your comment on my blog, by the way. I'm now following yours, and it'll become part of my daily blog-reading routine. I hope you'll follow mine too!

chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

alisha said...

love the shoes.
and read ur interview in ECS mag. inspiring as m just a starter here..hehe followed ur blog, maybe you could follow mine?

http://just--life.blogspot.com

★☆AdamAlexMommy☆★ said...

i love these platforms. i wonder if i can get these in the staes! great blog--love your photos and posts, and enjoyed browsing very much. new follower, and hoping we can stay connected. cheers from usa!
jasmine

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...