16 May, 2012

Bring on the colors of the season


Few days back, I spent half of my entire day drooling over the Spring/Summer collection for 2012. It would have been impossible to look at all the collections of all designers in one day so I only chose a selected few, my personal favorites to keep up with what the designers have foreseen/dictated this year's hottest months to look like at the fashion arena. Since I've been having some leisure time to spare for myself, I managed to look through the slides. This time, unlike most of the time, I skipped the runway review by Tim Blanks although it was difficult not to read what he had to write while looking at the photos. If I did what I usually do, it'd have taken me days to come to this post. 

So that's my moodboard for Summer 2012 and below are the outfits from some of the designers that I really preferred from their very preferable collection of outfits. 

J. Crew 





The entire collection makes me want to welcome the unbearable heat with open arms. It looks airy and comfortable. I love the color palette and the botanical prints, neither too loud nor too mute yet colorful enough for summer. I can't really pick one or two looks from the above style I've whittled down from J. Crew's spring/summer collection but if I really have to, I'd put the second and the fourth on my top list... and the last three. 

Jason Wu 



Lately, I've been head over heels about his creations. When he brings any style on the runway he makes it a point to allow any sort of communication between the viewers and his clothes. And this time around, he's brought forward what the people have been seeing on the streets for a year now: the high-low skirts, a modified version of the maxi skirts that were seen on the streets worn ubiquitously by many stunners. Whenever I lay my eyes on Jason Wu's clothes, it always makes me want for more. The peplum, the high-waist hot pants and the skirts are my favourite. The last one being a red-carpet worthy outfit, I wonder who'd do the honors? 

Altuzarra


White over-alls never fail to refresh the mind and the body especially a white suit. Altuzarra's collection is anything but mundane. The casualness of the knitted top with the crisply printed skirt and the white suit cannot be overlooked from this collection. 

3.1 Philip Lim

He always keeps it simple, minimalist and unconventional. His collections are a relief to look at. 
Kenzo
The jackets and the shoes are a stunner. Fashion comes in circle once again. Beautiful collection! 

2 comments:

Jasmine of ❤AdamAlexMommy❤ said...

i just love pops of colors. i love jcrew lookbooks... i get my inspirations there. :) have a great wknd!

xoxo
jasmine
AdamAlexMommy

Karen Ussene said...

Hiya, thank you for your visit and comment on my Blog.
Can I ask, did you do the mash-up of photos for your first image of this post? what program do you use?
xoxo
http://shinigami-u-openingmymind.blogspot.co.uk/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...